The WellCheck program offers a wellness screening that tells if you have certain chronic health conditions—like heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes—that you need treatment for. The screening also identifies whether you’re at risk for health problems in the future. WellCheck is voluntary and is offered at no cost to you. All results are confidential.
Screenings are performed every year by health teams from our wellness vendor, Health Services Foundation (HSF). Traveling in mobile testing units to job sites, they take a few measurements and stick your finger to get a blood sample. An HSF nurse will speak with you about your graded test results and give you a printout with most of the results; a few take longer to process, so those will be mailed to your home address 2–3 weeks after your screening.
Based on your test results, you could be offered additional wellness support at no cost to you.
Watch this video to see how it’s done.
Here’s who can participate in WellCheck:
- Full-Time Health Benefits Plan employees and covered spouses/registered domestic partners enrolled in the Advantage PPO or Prudent Buyer PPO medical plan or enrolled in Kaiser HMO (every year).
- Seasonal Medical Benefits Plan employees enrolled in the Advantage PPO or Prudent Buyer PPO medical plan (every third year).
- Employees who self-pay for year-round health and welfare coverage (every year).
Testing and Results
On the day of your test, eat and drink as usual, and take any medications as prescribed. The blood test will go more smoothly if you drink 2 eight-ounce glasses of water before arriving.
A qualified health care team member will measure your height, weight, waist, and blood pressure, and prick your finger to get a blood sample.
Your blood is analyzed on the spot, and you’ll get a detailed, graded health report.
You’ll have a private meeting with a nurse to go over your results right after your WellCheck wellness screening. The nurse will let you know if there are areas of concern you should discuss with your doctor, and if there are any follow-up programs that can help you.
Depending on your test results and other factors, you may have up to three more tests. These tests take longer to process, so you will receive your results by mail within 2–3 weeks:
- An LDL cholesterol test to determine if you’re at risk for heart disease or stroke.
- A creatine test, if your blood test shows you’re at risk for diabetes.
- A PSA test, if you are a male age 50 or older and you want this prostate screening.
How the Screening Can Help You
- If you have a chronic health condition you’re unaware of, such as heart disease or diabetes, that you need treatment for.
- Where you may have health risks, hopefully before they turn into more serious problems.
- Lifestyle changes you can make now—like quitting tobacco, getting more exercise, eating healthier foods, or losing weight—that can potentially improve your health and reduce your risk for illness.
Screening and results take 20–30 minutes; sessions are held during regular work hours.
A WellCheck representative will call you to schedule a screening at your location. Or, to schedule your screening or a screening for your spouse/registered domestic partner, call 800-284-3926.
If you miss the WellCheck at your job site, you can schedule a make-up screening or have a similar screening at a Quest collection station. To make an appointment, call 800-284-3926.
Nurse Care Counseling —
Full-Time Health Benefits
The Nurse Care Counseling program is designed to improve quality of life and reduce drug costs for employees living with ongoing illnesses, including heart disease, diabetes, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cancer.
The program is offered at no cost to 1400 Hour participants and covered spouses/registered domestic partners, and it’s 100% voluntary and completely confidential.
To identify employees and covered dependents who could benefit from the program, JBT’s independent health and wellness vendor Health Services Foundation (HSF) reviews medical and pharmacy claims information and WellCheck screening results. Those employees get a call or letter from an HSF Nurse Care Counselor, inviting them to participate in the program. If you haven’t received an invitation, you can call a Nurse Care Counselor at 800-284-3926 to see if you are eligible to participate in the program.
With education and ongoing phone support from the nurse care counselors, participants are better able to understand their conditions and manage their care more effectively.
Here’s how the program works.
The program provides support for any chronic condition.
For these specific chronic conditions, participation may qualify you for the lower drug co-pay incentive:
- Heart disease (cardiovascular or heart failure).
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Atrial fibrillation.
- Hepatitis C.
- Inflammatory bowel disorder, irritable bowel, stomach acid disorders.
How to Participate
Full-Time Health Benefits Plan employees and spouses enrolled in the Advantage PPO or Prudent Buyer PPO medical plan may be invited to enroll in the program. To see if you’re eligible to participate, call 800-284-3926.
Pay $10 less in copays for prescription drugs when you:
- Speak with a nurse care counselor four times a year.
- Take the annual WellCheck wellness screening at your workplace.